Day 176—Review Lesson 3 “The Gospel of Jesus Christ.” The following are are just suggested questions to use as a review of the lessons you have just covered. Remember, this is not a test, but rather a faith-building discussion of gospel principles. Feel free to add your own questions.
- What has Christ done for us that we might be cleansed from our sins? (The Atonement)
- Describe what the Atonement is? (Any acceptable answer that explains His suffering in Gethsemane, Crucifixion, and Resurrection, all of which were done on our behalf to pay the price of sin.)
- How does Heavenly Father show mercy for us? (When He forgives us of our sins as we repent).
- What is sin? (Disobedience to God’s commandments)
- What are the First Principles and Ordinances of the Gospel? Describe them briefly. (Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Repentance, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins, and the laying on of hands for the Gift of the Holy Ghost).
- What is an ordinance? (a sacred ceremony or rite that shows that we have entered into a covenant with God.)
- What is a covenant? (A covenant is a binding and solemn agreement between God and man)
- Explain some of the doctrine of Baptism (Authority, immersion, age of accountability/little children need not be baptized, etc)
- What should we do to prepare for baptism? (learn the gospel and live it. Can be more detailed in their answer: change habits that are bad into good habits, give up sin, etc).
- What do we promise when we partake of the sacrament? (Always remember Christ’s sacrifice, etc)
- What does Heavenly Father promise to us when we partake of the Sacrament? (sanctify our souls, we will always have His spirit to be with us).
- What does it mean to repent? (based on age, determine how much your child understands. For some, the simplest answer will suffice---“stop making bad choices and start making better choices)
- Explain the Gift of the Holy Ghost and how we receive it. (constant companionship of the Holy Ghost if we are worthy. We receive it by the laying on of hands by a priesthood holder who has the authority to do so.)
- What are some blessings we receive through the Gift of the Holy Ghost (comfort, promptings to avoid danger, inspiration, etc)
- What does Endure to the End mean? (Faithfully following the gospel to be worthy of Eternal Life)
- Review key definitions.
Day 177—Review Lesson 4 “The Commandments” p. 71-81
Day 178—Review Lesson 5 “Laws and Ordinances” p. 82-88
Day 179—Review Chapter 4 “How Do I Recognize and Understand the Spirit?” p. 89-99
Day 180—Review Chapter 6 “How Do I Develop Christlike Attributes?” p. 115-125